Monday, April 11, 2011


I chose Palmer Hayden picture because not only was he a part of the Harlem Renaissance, but because this picture expresses a lot of emotions His picture also reflects on how the days should have been in the past. This picture shows a lot of happiness, cheerful people, people enjoying their time, and people who like to be involved with each other.  In this picture, you can tell that everyone was enjoying their time, and the music. The theme of the picture looks like full of happiness, bundle of courage. I say that is because when I look at the picture, I see people being thankful because their together and I also see joy in their aces when they dance.    
This painting also expresses love.  By the people dancing and laughing let me know that they have love for one another. This picture also shows when this o picture was taking, and why it was taking. I think it was taking to show what real love was, and to express to people that getting along with others is a good thing. This painting captures the moment of elements because it was painted very good. It also states what the painter’s attitude was when he was painting this picture.
I like this picture because it made me feel like I was actually there watching Palme Hayden paint this picture. This picture really touched me because now days we don’t have love for one another, nor do we get along with others. We always want to fight or harm one another. But, this picture shows something else, and how they enjoyed each other’s company in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment