Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why I Choose Wright State?

Jewel Casey
Terri Barker
English 101
March 30, 2011

I originally applied at several colleges such as University of Cincinnati, Bowling Greene, and University of Toledo. I went to UC orientation in the summer of 2010 with my mom. They explained their expectations of what kind of students they want entering there school. They expressed to my mom and I that in order to be a "Bear cat", your ACT score had to been at least a 21 in order to attend that school. My ACT score was only a 16, and I felt out of place because I was planning on attending UC in the fall. What hurt the most is when the woman told me that it would be a waste of time to apply here because they wouldn't consider my application. At that point, I realized that they weren't trying to give me a opportunity , and see if I have the potential to excel in their school. I ended up applying at University of Toledo. I didn't go to there orientation because there expectations were high like UC. Basically, I gave up on that college because I didn't want them to reject me as well. I thought about considering Bowling Greene as a college to attend but I wasn't for sure if I would blend with that college.

After I looked back over the past colleges I applied for, I thought about Wright State University. I applied here, and I was accepted two weeks later. When Wright State excepted me, it made me happy because they willing to give me an opportunity. Also it put a smile on my face because I had a lot of people doubting me. They told me that I wouldn't make it to college and become something in life because I didn't have what it takes to move on in life. There were people who influenced me as well. My parents always kept the faith in me, and they knew I could make it through college. My parents encourages me to be the best none of the kids in my family finished or even attempted college.
I like how the teachers, and what they cover. I also like this school because they make me feel apart of their staff. I also like the program I'M in for my major. I dislike the lectures, the boring classes, and that the classes are for ten weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Jewel, don't let anyone or any institution tell you what you can or cannot achieve. With faith, you can make it through college and any other pursuits that you may decide to endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Just remember the only thing to stop you is you. If you think you can do something, you can! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that you couldn't give up. When you said that you gave up on college you really didn't because you still got accepted at WSU and didn't let anyone stop you!

    ReplyDelete